Opportunity exists within a tertiary institution for an Academic Programme Manager who will manage and direct the IT stream within the campus. A MASTERS degree is ESSENTIAL as well as Teaching and Learning experience in order to be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
Academic Leadership & Management
- Overall leadership and management of the I.T. School on campus.
- Manage the interface with the Head of School.
- Plan resource allocation for the academic operations of all programmes within the I.T. School on campus.
- Review academic results of all students within the School on campus and implement an appropriate teaching and learning strategy for “At risk” students and “At risk” modules.
- Manage academic counselling and support to students within the school on campus.
- Report on the academic performance of the School on the campus to Vice Principal – Academic, campus Principal and Head of School, and any other relevant national staff member.
- Drive the implementation of relevant teaching and learning initiatives within the I.T. School on campus.
- Support the development of new programmes for accreditation.
- Support development of academic material and assessments on programmes within the School by acting as developer, module leader, moderator or head of programme for the Central Academic Team (CAT).
- Performance management and development of permanent academic staff within the School on campus.
- Manage lecturer development in consultation with the Teaching and Learning specialist.
- Ensure representation of the school on the Programme Co-ordination Committee (PCC) calls.
- Discipline Module Support role.
- Support the Teaching & Learning Specialist in the management of the peer review process and the internal moderation model.
Industry and Professional Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional industry to support placement of students, bursaries and sponsorships and access to professional expertise.
- Facilitation of and involvement in professional and scholarly activities e.g. Conference Papers and Higher Degree Studies.
- Organise campus events for the School to promote professional industry relationships.
- Represent Institute at professional institutions, on external partner faculty boards and other relevant committees.
- Campus Support
- Provide specialist support to the campus senior management team for all programmes within the School.
- Provide specialist support to the campus operations team responsible for the operation of all programmes within the School on campus.
- Lead the recruitment, selection, and appointment of the academic team of the School within the campus.
- Provide support to the campus marketing team with specialised knowledge of the programmes with the School.
- Manage the Development Task.
- Manage plagiarism offences and disciplinary procedures.
- Involvement in, and management of, academic support and administrative duties during the campus registration period.
- Supervision of students on Honours programmes (where applicable).
- Manage the student tracking process.
- Conduct Student consultations.
- Lecture up to 100 hours per year OR 2 modules per semester (including supervision).
Desired Experience & Qualification
Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of 5 years Teaching and Learning experience (preferably in teaching environment). Must have an understanding of the current regulatory framework and its impact on higher education and private colleges.