1. Assumes responsibility for the effective operations management of Centre and facilities.
A. Centre Management
- Keeps abreast of market activities in respect of tenant movement, new developments, major vacancies and other landlord’s strategies
- Attends meetings / functions related to successful operation of Centre i.e. SAPOA, CJP etc.
- Assists with a five year maintenance plan including allowances for provisions or depreciation where applicable (annually) for submission to the Assistant General Manager / Director
- Investigates/initiates proposals for refurbishments
- Maintains a hands-on control of projects in hand
- Reviews the building status/grade ongoing and advise the Senior Management regarding maintaining the standards within those grade
B. Client Reporting
- Provides accurate information to client according to agreed format timeously
- Analyses of monthly income /expenses and variance reporting
- Monitors turnover rentals
- Monitors of all municipal recoveries (and general recoveries) on a monthly basis
C. Planning And Budgeting
- Prepares and completes budgets as required each year
- Completes of forecasts timeously as required
- Reviews market rentals quarterly and ensure best possible rate achieved and maintained as per agreed mandates
- Assists in formulation of business plans for the unit
- 5 Year budget – preparation and control or as required by the client
- Quarterly review and monitoring results or as required by the client
D. Quarterly Expenditure / Analysis
- Sets and motivates Capex /TI philosophy per building in consultation with client
- Recommend TI standard specification
- Recommend Capex requirements
- Ensures we conform to Capex philosophy and procedures
- Estimates new operating costs
- Ensures recovery of operational and utility costs in accordance with Lease terms
E. Debtors and Creditors Management
- Undertakes monthly interaction meetings with Debtors, Debtors Manager and Leasing to ensure appropriate action taken and recommend legal action
- Credit Control. Responsible for Management: Arrears, Legal action / liasing with attorneys / management as required & Motivate Write-offs to senior management / client
F. Parking Management
- Attends monthly / ad hoc interaction meetings all parkades where applicable
- In conjunction with the responsible person for parking, maintains accurate control of “in house” operated parkades
G. Tenant Manager
- Deals with correspondence / interaction with tenants as required
- Ensures that leases are timeously renewed and all vacant space is let and in a presentable state
H. New Tenants
- Determines and recommends letting mandates (i.e. rental levels, installation cost etc) for approval
- Undertake lease negotiation and maintenance of tenant relationships
- Controls new leases and recordal of same
- Controls / oversees new installations (through technical / operations manager where appropriate) including: Premises design, Negation/liaison/control with/of professionals and contractors & Sign off acceptance of complete premise
I. Existing Tenants
- Renews Lease Agreements in accordance to mandate
- Tenant liaison and public relations
- Controls/arranges centre promotions through merchants association/s or promotion committee/s or marketing funds
- Regular assesses tenants’ turnover, stock turn and merchandising to establish both growth needs and/or trading difficulties
- Monitor and compile foot traffic reports
J. Expense Control
- Checks and authorises payment of accounts
- Authorises cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance orders
- Controls wage and salary allocation
- Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against
- Ensures cost effectiveness and performance of contractors
K. Financial Management
- Monthly financial statements
- Monthly management reports
- Accurate budgeting and reporting
L. Operating costs
- Calculates operating costs for charge-out to tenants
- Ensures recoveries as appropriate
- Tenant mix i.e. what business should be established / recommended
- Networking with tenants, public, external organizations
- Issues tender documents
M. Expense control
- Checks and approves payment of accounts
- Controls cleaning, consumables, electrical and general maintenance
- Controls municipal payments and recoveries there against
- Ensures effective performance of contractors
N. Customer liaison
- New Tenants
- Lease negotiation
- Maintenance of tenant relationships
O. Public relations
- Establishes and maintains sound public relations
- Attracts people to the centre
- Control of Advertising Materials
- Motivates and assists tenants to improve their services
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective repairs and maintenance of the centre.
A. Asset Management
- Controls/schedules/implements regular preventative maintenance program in line with budget constraints
- Motivation of refurbishments, major repairs as appropriate
- Attends site meetings with contractors in respect of maintenance/expansion of projects
- Monitors progress
- Inspection / enforcement of tenant responsibilities during and on termination of lease terms
- Liaises with appropriate Government, Provincial and/or local authorities
- Responsible for Compliance of OSH Act
- General Maintenance of Buildings and premises
- All electrical, electronic, mechanical and air conditioning equipment
- Complies with the O H S act and all other statutory requirements
3. Assumes responsibility for the security of all the Centre facilities. Conducts scheduled inspections of security systems and implements improvements as necessary.
A. Occupational health and safety
- The development of security action plans, systems and directives
- The management of security guards on shift
- The establishment and maintenance of an emergency preparedness programme
- The training of Maintenance and Security personnel in Occupation and Health Safety
- Report security incidents to our management
4. Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with tenants, suppliers, contractors, and trade professionals.
A. Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc.
B. Acts as a liaison between the Company and external contacts.
C. Ensures effective coordination of external services with Company operations.
D. Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
E. Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the Company.
5. Effectively supervises Centre personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
A. Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvement.
B. Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations.
C. Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate.
D. Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
E. Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate. Interviews, hires, and assigns personnel as necessary.
6. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
A. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
B. Completes special projects as assigned.