Successful International manufacturing company seeks a dynamic person with previous franchise management expeirence, to support and develop the franchise base to maximise sales performance within the designated area of control. To manage the franchisee in accordance with the relevant agreement terms in support of the global marketing and sales strategy. Similar experience essential.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Developing a business plan in conjunction with the Franchisee;
- Determining annual franchisee budgets based on forecasts and sales potential;
- Overseeing the performance of Franchisees’ business plans and implementation of agreed strategies;
- Working with franchisees in the event of issues with payments and liaising with the finance department when required;
- Assisting and monitoring the sale of a Franchise to ensure a smooth transition to the new owner;
- Managing the franchisor and franchisee obligations as detailed in the Franchise Agreements;
- Monitoring the application of the company’s corporate identity as detailed in the Brand and CI document, and take corrective action as necessary;
- Attending to and resolving end-customer complaints and disputes efficiently and in keeping with the Company’s ethos;
- Monitoring vital statistics and compiling monthly Franchisee sales reports for submission to management;
- Monitoring the activities of competitors (including advertising activity) and compiling regular reports;
- Liaising with production in the event of urgent or large orders;
- Troubleshooting as and when required;
- Conducting regular franchisee audits;
- Managing the franchisee’s obligations regarding affiliated Group companies.
- Managing commercial support and sales opportunities where appropriate.
- Supporting franchisees and staff with sales and proactive marketing regarding The company’s Group companies and products.
Sales and Marketing
- Ensuring franchisees are focusing on existing and/or new product ranges;
- Assisting in the sourcing of new Franchisees;
- Implementing the go-fetch strategy within the region in order to grow the commercial customer base and generate additional leads;
- Providing input into the Company’s National Strategic Sales Objectives and taking responsibility for the implementation of all allocated activities;
- Providing input into the development of the annual advertising and marketing plan (levy, additional expenditure, requirements);
- Continuously developing knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions;
- Making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business growth and sustainability;
- Attending Trade Shows in an official capacity to meet and educate customers;
- Liaising with marketing department regarding trade shows, branding opportunities and showroom material;
- Proactively supporting, presenting and selling in commercial/corporate markets.
- Planning roadshows for new/existing product launches;
- Conduct ongoing training of franchise owners and staff based on audit findings or general requirements;
- Planning and conducting all induction training for new franchisees;
- Conducting in-depth training on opposition products and marketing trends.
- Establishing timing plans and roll-out process for new projects;
- Defining inputs, activities and outputs;
- Ensuring effective and efficient completion of projects;
- Effectively communicating and reporting of project progress against timing plans to affected staff and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales Management experience (a minimum of 5 years’ experience would be beneficial);
- National Diploma or Degree in the Marketing and Sales would be advantageous;
- Thorough knowledge of all Sales and Marketing principles and practices;
- Ability to manage and develop a profitable business unit;
- Working knowledge of customer service / franchisee management;
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent assertiveness skills;
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills;
- High attention to detail and procedural;
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships;
- Highly structured with the ability to follow tasks through to completion;
- Self-starter – has the ability to work unsupervised and manage own time and activities;
- Strong facilitation skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours;
- Ability to present, train and conduct effective workshops.
Skills and Competencies
Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Seeks opportunities to proactively build effective working relationships with other people;
- Probes for and provides information to clarify situations;
- Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances others’ ideas, and contributes own ideas about the issues at hand;
- Places higher priority on team or organization goals than on own goals;
- Gains agreement from colleagues to support ideas or take team-orientated action and uses sound rationale to explain value of actions.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas to colleagues;
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and employees to ensure a shared understanding is created;
- Ensures that all written information is clear and concise.
Planning and Organisation
- Identifies more critical and less critical activities and assignments and adjusts priorities when appropriate;
- Determines project/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks, identifying deadline dates, developing timelines and milestones to ensure timely completion;
- Uses time effectively and prevents distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Builds due dates into assignments and task delegations and communicates milestones and expected results;
- Schedules effective meetings to review progress and share information; gets feedback on results from those directly involved;
- Meets formally with superiors on a monthly basis to review the results of scheduled projects and tasks;
- Takes appropriate action when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation;
- Implements new ideas or potential solutions without prompting;
- Takes action that goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve objectives;
Package & Remuneration
R45 000 to R55 000 (slightly negotiable depending on experience)