Riverhorse Valley, Durban.
Company listed on the JSE who owns an in-house IT software development company is looking for a sales and customer service manager who has the skills and IT experience to develop an ERP System.
It is an independent business that sells its bespoke computer system to independent 3rd parties. The company has 14 staff that support the system and includes a development team that is continuously expanding the system capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Selling the ERP Software system to new customers (50% of the time)
- Find and develop sales of the system to new customers
- Development and management of a long sales cycle (pipeline management)
- Building personal relationships with existing and future clients
- Ability to ‘close’ new system sales quickly and effectively
- Selling of new features to existing customers
- Selling of consulting services to meet existing client’s new needs Eg. data extracts, customer training, data management, stock counts, etc
2. Advanced support of the ERP software system for existing users (30%)
- Align expectations of customers with SLA and actual service offering.
- Monthly meeting with customers to ensure all issues are being dealt with.
- Understanding customers systems, controls, needs
- Assisting existing staff with the more difficult (3rd tier) technical queries
- Assisting clients (at a fee) to specify and document the system & any changes
- Project management for customers (1) Onboarding, (2) New branches, (3) Office moves, (4) Systems documentation, etc.
3. Customer support administration (20%)
- Maintaining price lists and billing of clients and chasing to ensure paid on time.
- Invoicing for all customers every month for all costs and services (System, ISP invoices, maintenance invoicing, Hardware, out of SLA work, etc)
- Negotiating SLA’s with customers and ensuring SLA performance is measured and reported on.
- Benchmarking costs and ensuring the business is competitive
- Ensuring that all NON-SLA work done has an agreed price and order first.
- Ensuring all monthly customer reports are correct and distributed timeously
- Payment of suppliers and account reconciliations
- Annual strategy setting, revenue budgeting and monthly report (incl KPI’s)
- Maintenance, content relevance and upgrade of the company internet site
- Leading, managing and developing 2 staff (reception and systems analyst)
- Arranging quarterly team builds, over-see the office social committee, etc
- Jump in and assist with IT support / training / documentation / stock take assistance
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A tertiary qualification in IT systems is required
- A degree in IT systems will be a strong advantage
- 5 years experience in IT software program sales
- 5 years experience in the workings of an ERP computer system
- 5 years experience in ERP computer systems support
- 5 years experience with KAM key customer support & assistance & SLA management
- A proven track record of generating and closing sales of IT systems.
- Must have the IT skills to be able to develop an ERP system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating and selling skills
- Strong time management skills and prioritisation skills to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines.
- Ability to enforce and maintain high standards under pressure
- Financial literacy
- Google office competence an advantage
- Spotting problems and opportunities early and responding aggressively to them.
- Ability to gather market intelligence, communicate up and adapt plans to optimise.
Package & Remuneration
An annual CTC package of between R450 000 to R550 000 dependent on qualifications & length of relevant experience in the above specific requirements.
Benefits included in this CTC package to be structured to suit the successful candidate include: 15 days leave, company car/ travel allowance, Discovery Health medical insurance, Alexander Forbes provident fund, cell phone allowance, etc.