The Payroll Administrator is involved in the company’s payroll processing. This includes overseeing all administrative activities related to Payroll, processing payroll on a monthly basis and managing benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly payroll for employees.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets.
- Track and deduct all garnishees, expenses and other special payroll deductions.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources and technical department to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/ distribution of detailed reports for overtime, leave balances, head count and retirement contribution reports).
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Setup each employee on system and to generate weekly reports to the relevant department managers.
- Maintaining the Job records to ensure that the hours worked on the job card ties back to the timesheet which is then sent to finance for billing.
- Establish/ maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to the company standard.
- Complete statutory submissions and confirmation of employment.
- All other payroll duties not mentioned above.
- From time to time candidate will be required to assist in other administrative departments when required.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Successful applicant must be a fast learner.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail/ have very good attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well within a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the payroll function and VIP Payroll System
- Excellent with numbers
Package & Remuneration
R14 500 (and benefits after 3 month probation which will include: contribution to Medical Aid; Provident Fund and Gap Cover).
Monday to Friday 7am to 4.30pm.